Who are we?
The Aesthetica Short Film Festival is organised, owned and run by Aesthetica Magazine Ltd trading as Aesthetica. We are a British art and culture magazine who prides ourselves in talent development and promoting emerging and established artists. In addition to the magazine and short film festival, Aesthetica hosts competitions and awards including the Aesthetica Art Prize, the Future Now Symposium and the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award. Our registered office address is 21 New Street, York, YO1 8RA, UK.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are purchasing a product or service.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Aesthetica marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Aesthetica.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details for events that you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our Aesthetica websites.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
We may also collect your Device Information for the following purposes:
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address),
- To improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Aesthetica and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents and emails.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase, we collect certain information from you, including your billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers).
When you visit our website, we collect information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Aesthetica holds about you.
- The right to request that Aesthetica corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Aesthetica to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications (if you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication).
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
- Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If required by law
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org