How Does the Virtual Festival Work?
To gain access to this year’s festival, simply sign up to our online platform, purchase your pass, login and gain access to to an expansive programme of films on demand.
Everything You Need To Know
Purchasing Your Pass
- In order to access to this year’s festival, simply sign up to our online platform and select your pass.
- Once you have created your login and purchased your pass, you will be able to sign in to ASFF’s online platform using your account details.
Types of Pass
There are four types of festival pass available:
- The Unlimited Pass: This pass allows unlimited access to the festival platform, including screenings and industry events, from 3-30 November.
- The Festival Week Pass: This pass allows unlimited access to the festival platform, including screenings and industry events, from 3-9 November.
- The Day Tripper Pass: This pass allows unlimited access to the festival platform, including screenings and industry events, for 24 hours from first login.
- The Film Fan Pass: This pass allows unlimited access to all film content on the festival platform from 3-30 November. Please note that this pass does not include industry events.
- There are over 450 international films that will be screening at ASFF’s 2020 edition. All pass types grant access to film content.
- Film screenings will be released daily from 3-8 November as part of themed strands. Once released, all programmes will be available on demand.
- To find out more about the daily strands please visit our virtual festival page.
- ASFF’s 10 Year Anniversary Programmes will be released daily alongside our themed strands.
- Guest Programmes: Perspectives are released on 3 November and are available on demand until 30 November.
- All films will be available from 3-30 November in our expansive film library. Visitors can watch individual films on demand, with films searchable by key criteria eg: Drama Films, LGBT+ Films, 360 Films.
- All film screenings are given age certificate ratings and trigger warnings. Viewer discretion is advised.
- For full listings of all films screenings and daily information, please refer to the ASFF 2020 Programme.
- 360 Films are released on 3 November and are available on demand until 30 November.
- 360 Content can be watched using a smartphone, laptop or Smart TV.
- ASFF Cardboard headsets are available on our tickets page.
Live Industry Events
- All pass types (except the Film Fan Pass) include access to ASFF’s live industry events.
- Live events include industry masterclasses, spotlights, panel discussions and showcase screenings.
- Live industry events are accessible through the industry tab on the online platform. There are up to three live channels at any given time. Simply find the event you wish to access in the timetable, find the industry channel and tune in.
- Live events will feature a chat function, so that visitors can ask questions to speakers. Questions will be moderated by the speaker or a chair.
- All live activity will take place between 3-8 November.
- All live activity will be recorded and available on demand the following day. Content will be available on Demand until 30 November.
- For full listings of live industry activity, visit our tickets and events page.
ASFF Industry Marketplace
- All pass types include access to ASFF’s Virtual Industry Marketplace.
- The Marketplace welcomes over 40 exhibitors from film festivals, production services, agencies, film schools and universities.
- For more information on the Industry Marketplace and this year’s exhibitors, please visit the Industry Marketplace page.
ASFF is renowned for presenting great opportunities for audiences, filmmakers and delegates. 2020 is no exception.
- Industry Networking and Workshops are a great opportunity to connect with filmmakers and industry professionals. These sessions will take place via Zoom. These sessions are by appointment only, so book your place early. Find out more about networking here.
- Pitching Sessions are an opportunity to pitch your big idea to key decision makers. These will operate via Zoom and are by appointment only. For more information and to submit your proposal, please click here.
The Aesthetica Short Film Festival is committed to providing a safe and all-inclusive environment for attendees.
- Online Platform: In 2020, ASFF will take place virtually, allowing On Demand access to audiences from their own homes. The platform can be accessed on computers, smart TVs, smart phones and all tablet devices.
- Subtitled Screenings: ASFF is dedicated to ensuring that screenings are as accessible as possible. All foreign language films will include English subtitles. In addition, films in the English language will have the option to be viewed with subtitles / closed captions where possible. Look out for the subtitle symbol for films with subtitle options.
- Speech to Text: In order to make our industry events (panel discussions, masterclasses and industry spotlights) inclusive and available to all audiences, we will be implementing speech to text captioning across all live activity.
- Family Friendly Content: As part of our commitment to engage with younger audiences, ASFF presents a selection of diverse Family Friendly screenings, which will be released daily. See the daily programme for further details.
- Carers, Personal Assistants & Interpreters: Complimentary passes are available to all Carers, Personal Assistants and Sign-Language Interpreters, but must be booked in advance. A proof of DLA or a valid CEA card is required. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all accessibility enquiries and adjustments, please email email@example.com