Everything You Need to Know .
There are three ways to attend the festival: in-person, virtually, or through a hybrid mixture of both. Our live festival may have come to an end, but you can still catch incredible films, immersive VR and insightful masterclasses over on our virtual platform.
In 2023, the Aesthetica Film Festival takes place both in-person, in the centre of York, and virtually through our responsive online platform. Cinema screenings and a selection of live events will take place 8-12 November across a number of venues. On our digital platform, live until 30 November, we offer a selection of recorded events from the heart of York, plus On Demand film programmes. The digital platform is accessible via phone, tablet, computer, or smart TV.
Valid 8-30 November
We’re excited to be offering a virtual edition of the festival on our Filmchief platform. With a digital pass you’re able to log in to the platform, view all our film programmes and catch up on recorded masterclasses and workshops. Passes are available for 24-hour login, or for one-week or one-month access. You will receive log-in details via email as soon as you purchase, meaning you can start watching the moment the festival kicks off.
Get Your Pass
Valid 8-30 November
This is the ultimate film festival experience, as it combines the freedom to watch films on the big screen with the ability to log-in online and catch up in your own time. Take part in our masterclasses, workshops and networking events in person. All digital content, including the full film programme, will be available online until 30 November. Tickets are available as one-day, two-day or full-month passes. You will be given access to our online platform upon booking.
Valid 8-12 November
Did you get to join us in York? The live festival is set amongst historic venues. Experience film how it was intended – on the big screen, as part of a community. These passes are only valid 8-12 November and include live events in our venues, without any online access. We offer a broad range of options, from those visiting the festival for one day, to those looking to engage in everything we have to offer throughout the six days. The in-person festival may have come to an end, but you can still catch incredible films on our virtual platform until 30 November.
Ratings and Warnings
Films are U, PG, 12A or 15, but some may be 18. All screenings suitable for children aged under 12 will be classified as Family Friendly. Our ratings are guidelines only and, as such, parental guidance is advised across all programmes. Some films contain themes viewers may find upsetting or distressing. Trigger Warnings will be clearly indicated on each film listing, using the key in our programme.
Key Information .
- Virtual passes grant full access to the online festival platform only. Purchase here.
- Hybrid passes grant full access to in-person screenings and events and the online festival platform. Purchase here.
- In Person passes grant full access to in-person screenings and events only. Purchase here.
- Single Screening Passes can be pre-purchased here.
- For in-person special events and masterclasses, pre-booking must be made here. All events are free-to-attend with a pass, but bookings must be made and your pass must be valid on the day of the event. You will be required to submit the reference number on your ticket to pre-book.
- Please note: the Opening Night Ceremony is a separate ticketed event. Purchase here.
- Screenings do not require pre-booking. These are operated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Our programme is subject to change at any time and will be updated digitally.