The Festival Explained
Three ways to engage.
In 2021, the Aesthetica Film Festival took place in-person, in the centre of York, and continues virtually through our unique online platform. Cinema screenings and a selection of live events took place 2-7 November, across multiple venues.
- On our digital platform, we are offering a selection of live-streamed events from the heart of York, a further range of virtual masterclasses and On Demand film programmes available at your fingertips until 30 November.
- Whether you’re joining us online, or we saw you in-person, we hope you enjoy the best new cinema.
Make the most of ASFF 2021.
New to 2021, we offered audiences the opportunity to attend the festival in the historic city of York, as well as through the online sphere. This was the ultimate film festival experience, as it combined the freedom to watch films on the big screen and take part in our invaluable networking events, whilst being able to log-in and catch-up in your own time.
- Tickets were available as one-day, two-day or full-month passes.
- With these tickets, you could attend the festival in York and see films in the cinema.
- Passes gave access to in-person events, provided that you book in advance.
- All digital content, including the full film programme, will be available to you online until 30 November.
Back to the cinema.
Festival audiences joined us in York to celebrate venues re-opening and watch film on the big screen.
- Your ticket was only valid for the duration of the in-person event, 2-7 November.
- Tickets only included live events in our venues, without any online access to digital-only events.
- We offered a range of ticket options, from those visiting the festival for a single day,
to those looking to engage in everything we have to offer.
Log on from the comfort of home.
We’re excited to be offering a virtual edition of the festival for the second year running. With a digital pass you’re able to view all our film programmes and virtual events through live industry channels, without compromising on experience.
- Tickets are available for a 24-hour login, or for one-week or one-month access.
- We’ve specially curated our films and online events.
- The platform works across all devices, from smartphones to TVs and tables.
- To gain access to this year’s festival, simply sign up to our online platform, purchase your pass,
login and gain access to an expansive programme of films on demand.
For all enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org