Simply enter your keyword and we will help you find what you need.
What are you looking for?
The Listening Pitch .
Aesthetica Film Festival teams up with Audible, offering £10,000 to fund a new documentary.
Applications for 2022 are now closed .
Aesthetica Short Film Festival and Audible have teamed up for The Listening Pitch 2022. From February - April, we invited filmmakers to submit proposals for a short documentary on the importance of sound. We want to understand how sound shapes the world around us – especially as many of us are returning to it with new ears after the past two years living through a pandemic. We're looking for bold stories that demonstrate how listening is more than just hearing. Sound can also signify a new beginning.
2021 Winners .
2021's recipients are Jessi Gutch and Liz Jackson, with Blind as Beat. Jackson was an in-house documentary director at the BBC for 10 years. The film portrays her journey: from ex-documentary filmmaker who used sight as a primary sense, to someone who is visually impaired and using hearing predominately. “There is a growing movement for film to become more accessible. People are starting to see that the disabled audience is a big one – they should be thought of in the production process. In this script, we’ve tried to take the idea of audio description but elevate it to something visually evocative.``
- Five filmmakers will be selected to present their idea at a live virtual pitch in May 2022.
- A panel will review the pitches and a grant of £10k will be awarded to the filmmaker with the strongest idea.
- The final film will be original and offer a new perspective on the theme.
- It will premiere at the ASFF in November 2022 and also be shared on Audible and Aesthetica social channels.
- Filmmakers from across the world are invited to apply for this grant.
- We will also require the film to have subtitles available to meet accessibility requirements. Please supply two versions: one burnt on and one without.
- We welcome submissions from first-time filmmakers and those underrepresented in the industry.
- 15 February – 9 April 2022: Call for Entries
- 9 April 2022: Deadline
- April 2022: Judging
- May 2022: Live Pitch
- Summer 2022: Winner Announced
- ASFF Premiere and Live Q&A: Between 1-6 November