The Listening Pitch 2022
Audible x Aesthetica Film Festival
Aesthetica Short Film Festival and Audible have teamed up for The Listening Pitch 2022. We’re inviting filmmakers to submit proposals for a short documentary on the importance of sound. We want to understand how sound shapes the world around us – especially as many of us are returning to it with new ears after the past two years living through a pandemic. We’re looking for bold stories that demonstrate how listening is more than just hearing. Sound can also signify a new beginning. This is an open brief and so we are keen to hear your interpretations. Audio should be central to the storytelling and details of how sound and image will interact should be included in all proposals. Click here to meet our previous winners.
- Five filmmakers will be selected to present their idea at a live virtual pitch in May 2022.
- A panel will review the pitches and a grant of £10k will be awarded to the filmmaker with the strongest idea.
- The final film will be original and offer a new perspective on the theme.
- It will premiere at the ASFF in November 2022 and also be shared on Audible and Aesthetica social channels.
- Filmmakers from across the world are invited to apply for this grant.
- We will also require the film to have subtitles available to meet accessibility requirements. Please supply two versions: one burnt on and one without.
- We welcome submissions from first-time filmmakers and those underrepresented in the industry.
- 15 February - 9 April 2022: Call for Entries
- 9 April 2022: Deadline
- April 2022: Judging
- May 2022: Live Pitch
- Summer 2022: Winner Announced
- ASFF Premiere and Live Q&A: Between 1-6 November
Submit Your Pitch
Applications for The Listening Pitch 2022 are now closed.Image Credits
1. Lous and the Yakuza – Amigo | Music Video | Dir. Wendy Morgan