£20,000 (pro rata) 37.5 hours per week, 3-month contract
from September until 15 November
We are recruiting a Full-Time Festival Assistant to work in our York office. You will be working for Aesthetica Magazine to assist with delivering the BAFTA-Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival, running in York 2-30 November 2021. The festival is being delivered as a hybrid edition with activity taking place in venue and virtually as well.
The successful candidate will assist with managing and coordaining this large-scale festival, with the objective that all aspects runs smoothly, and providing an outstanding festival experience for all attendees. Experience working on large-scale events is desirable.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
- Organize Guest Speakers, Venues and Volunteers.
- Coordinate group bookings
- Liaise with Filmmakers and Delegates and become a point-of-contact for them.
The ideal candidate
- Well organized with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent administration, database and spreadsheet skills.
- Proactive and highly motivated approach to work.
- Able to prioritize workload, multi-task and work efficiently.
- Creative thinking and diplomatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent persuasive verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to contribute and deliver new ideas for growth and development.
- Flexible, with the availability to work longer hours when necessary.
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
You must be available to work the film festival dates. Freelance applications will be considered. This is not a remote position and therefore you must be able to work in York.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
- Email us your CV highlighting all relevant experience.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Sunday 15 August.