Part-Time. £25,000 (pro-rata). Fixed-Term until 31 December.
We are recruiting a Project Administrator to work in our York office for 4 days (or 30 hours) per week, during Mondays – Fridays (days and times negotiable).
You will be working for the international art and culture magazine, Aesthetica, as well as all related projects, including the Aesthetica Short Film Festival, Art Prize, Creative Writing Award and the currently in development Creative Skills Academy.
Assisting the Managing Director and Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running and progression of our projects.
This is an office-based role and is not remote. Remote working will not be considered for this position.
Full time hours will be required in the run-up to the Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
- Identify relevant speakers and venues, contact them and book them for our events, becoming their main point of contact.
- Organise travel and accommodation for our delegates, speakers and guests.
- Manage guest lists and goody bags and help with the running of our events.
- Use a range of software, including online filing systems, email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the project.
- Research and maintain client contact details and ensure databases are up to date.
- Write and schedule mailshots across all our projects to communicate with customers and guests.
- Process orders, update records, pack up mail and send out the post.
- Respond to a wide range of customer enquiries.
- Support the team with the day-to-day office administrative duties.
The ideal candidate
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Pro-active with a can-do approach.
- Well organised and methodical approach to any task.
- Confidently use office management software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Previous administrative experience is desirable.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the art and culture sector.
This position is a fixed term position until 31 December. An extension to this date will be considered.
- Email us your CV, highlighting your relevant experience.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you would like to apply for this position.
Please email your application to [email protected]
Deadline: 10 March