Training Opportunities by FEDS 2018:
Film Exhibition, Distribution & Sales Trainee Scheme
Are you passionate about film and want to work in the industry, but are struggling to find your way in?
FEDS is a scheme that gives you the ultimate head-start in film.
With an eight month long paid traineeship at a top film festival or cinema, as well as mentoring and industry expert advice, you’ll leave with a CV that will put you at the top of the list.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 18th October 2017.
We are looking to recruit ambitious trainees from across the UK who can display these attributes:
- A passion for film
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office packages and email
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A desire to learn
Trainees will undertake an office-based placement in an independent film exhibition company.
In light of the significant imbalances in representation of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and disabled people in the film industry (4% are BAME and less than 5% are those who consider themselves to be disabled). We would strongly encourage applications from BAME people and those who consider themselves to be disabled.
- Trainees will work full time (defined as 35 hours per week) in host companies, and will regularly attend training sessions with the other trainees, which will further enhance their employability skills and knowledge of the film industry
- The training scheme will run for 8 months from Monday 15th January to Friday 7th September 2018
- Working in a major film festival or independent cinema in Glasgow, Stirling, Sheffield, York and Cardiff
- Trainees will be paid a monthly training allowance equivalent to the London Living Wage (this is £295.05 per week and is exempt from tax and National Insurance)
- Trainees will be entitled to 16 days annual leave, subject to agreement with their host organisation
- Travel bursaries will be available to help trainees pay for attending the industry training sessions
Click here to read more about what the roles involved and the host companies we’re working with.
- Be new entrants to the film industry i.e. not have more than twelve months industry work experience, be it continuous or discontinuous/paid or unpaid.
- Be UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.
Venue: Cardiff, Glasgow, Stirling, York and Sheffield
Download an application for this trainee scheme here