York Days at York's Film Festival .
Residents Save 50% on the Best New Cinema this November
Do You Love Film?
Have you ever watched a really good film and want to tell everyone about it? We believe that film is for everyone. Now you can join in York's very own film festival, which takes place every November. There are over 400 films to choose from, and for the past 12 years Aesthetica has welcomed international audiences to York – connecting communities from across the world to share in the enjoyment of independent film. You can see laugh-out-loud comedies, award-winning dramas, thrillers, animation, family friendly and documentaries. The film festival is a window to the world, where you can engage with global stories.
This Festival is for You
This year we are launching a new way for York residents to get involved. It's called York Days. This is your opportunity to attend the festival, soak up as many films as you can, and join in our award-winning masterclasses and workshops. We are also running workshops for children on filmmaking alongside practical sessions where you can learn how to make films on your phone.
How it Works .
- York Days will take place on Tuesday 1 November, Wednesday 2 November and Sunday 6 November.
- You will have access to all screenings, masterclasses, VR Lab and workshops with your Aesthetica Festival Pass.
- Use your York Card to Save 50% on select days.
- You must have a valid York Card to be eligible.
- Please check the dates of the York Days to ensure that you are attending the correct day to receive your discount.
- Book your Film Festival Tickets www.asff.co.uk or in person at City Screen from 1 November.
Each year, we transform York into a cinematic playground, using our beautiful city to showcase the world’s best film. The festival is BAFTA-Qualifying and acts as a platform for the very best new directors and films to reach audiences. York is the place where the filmmakers of the future are discovered. As a city, we play a major role in supporting new talent. Click here to learn more.