- ASFF 2021 took place in-person and continues virtually until 30 November.
- The in-person festival ran 2-7 November in the centre of York.
- The virtual festival takes place on the Aesthetica Film Festival Platform. This includes film screenings, virtual industry events and live streams from the in-person festival.
- From 8-30 November, all content – including all film screenings and recordings of industry masterclasses – is available On Demand through the festival platform.
Booking Your Tickets
- In Venue and Hybrid festival passes granted full access to live events at the festival in York. All events were free-to-attend with a pass, but you must have registered online, and your pass must be valid on the day of the event.
- For live events and masterclasses you were required to submit the reference number on your ticket to register.
- Bootham School required pre-booking for film screenings. This was the only venue to require registration for film screenings.
- Virtual passes grant full access to the festival platform, online film screenings, as well as live and recorded content, including masterclasses, panel discussions and the digital Industry Marketplace.
- Hybrid passes grant full access to both live events and digital events. For in-person sessions, registration was essential.
- In Venue Passes granted full access to live events from 2-7 November. For in-person sessions, registration was essential.
- The programme is subject to change at any time and will be updated digitally.
Keep in touch via our social media sites.
Film Ratings & Family Friendly Screenings
- Films are PG, 12A or 15, but some may be 18. Please see the programme for details.
- All screenings suitable for children aged 4-12 will be classified as Family Friendly. Please see the festival programme for details of Family Friendly screenings.
Some films contain themes viewers may find upsetting or distressing. These will be clearly indicated in the programme on each film listing, using the below key. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.See Full List
A – Abuse
AB – Abortion
ED – Eating Disorders
F – Flashing Lights
MH – Mental Health Issues
S – Explicit nudity / Sex
SH – Self Harm / Suicide
V – Extreme Violence
D – Discrimination