Submit to the Listening Pitch 2021
Audible x Aesthetica Film Festival
Aesthetica Short Film Festival and Audible have teamed up to launch The Listening Pitch 2021. We’re inviting filmmakers to submit proposals for a short documentary on the subject of Listening. We’re looking for original stories that show how listening lets us understand different points of view and discover new ideas. Audio should be central to the storytelling and details of how sound and image will interact should be included in all proposals.
Entries close on 9 April, 17:00 GMT. Judging will take place from 12-20 April, with the winner’s announcement on 6 May. The winning film will premiere at Aesthetica Film Festival, alongside a Live Q&A with the filmmaker. This will take place during the festival, which runs 2-7 November.
- Five filmmakers will be selected to present their idea at a live virtual pitch in April 2021.
- A panel will review the pitches and a grant of £10k will be awarded to the filmmaker with the strongest idea.
- The final film will be original and offer a new perspective on the theme.
- It will premiere at the ASFF in November 2021 and also be shared on Audible and Aesthetica social channels.
Filmmakers from across the world are invited to apply for this grant.
We will also require the film to have subtitles available to meet accessibility requirements. Please supply two versions: one burnt on and one without.
We welcome submissions from first-time filmmakers and those underrepresented in the industry.
How to Apply
- 15 February – 9 April: Call for Entries
- 9 April: Deadline
- 12-20 April: Judging
- 6 May: Winner Announced
- ASFF Premiere and Live Q&A: Between 2-7 November
This Form is Now Closed for Entries.
2. Boomerang, Dir. Romain Laurent
3. Somalinimo, Dir. Alice Aedy