ASFF is also a hub for industry, attracting thousands of film-world professionals from the UK and across the world to participate in and attend its Masterclasses, Networking Sessions and Industry events such as Meet the Film Festivals and Meek the Filmmakers. The calibre of masterclass speakers is high, including representatives from over 20 organisations such as the BBC, Channel 4, Industrial Light & Magic, the BAFTA-winning animators The Brothers McLeod and more. Topics range from funding, producing and editing to cinematography and more.
We look for committed, hard-working, enthusiastic and friendly volunteers who have a passion for film and are interested in working behind the scenes at ASFF.
Whether your interest is in watching films, events management or being a part of something exciting in York, there are lots of reasons to join ASFF as a volunteer.
Application and Selection Process
- Register your interest in volunteering by emailing Ellie Turner: email@example.com
- You will then be sent an Online Form, which you must complete by 1 October
- Please note, we do not accept applications by email, CV or covering letters
- If you have any queries regarding the application process, please email Ellie Turner
- 1 October: Deadline for applications
- Mid-October: You will be notified about the outcome of your application
- October: Essential volunteer meetings
- 31 October – 5 November: Festival preparations and duration of festival