ASFF 2019: Submissions Open
Submissions are now open for the 2019 edition of the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
We are looking for filmmakers who are driving film forward through inspirational and innovative works. Whether you are an established or emerging practitioner, we want to hear from you.
We accept submissions to 11 genres short film as well as narrative and documentary features, 360 film and VR and immersive experiences. The Official Selection of films will be showcased at 18 venues across York, UK from 6-10 November 2019 with prizes being awarded for Best Film in each category, Best of Fest, the People’s Choice Award and the York Youth Award. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work to an international audience of filmmakers, industry delegates and film fans.
Please carefully read the submission guidelines below before submitting your film.
Short Films £24 | Feature Films £45 | 360 Film, VR & Immersive Projects £30
Categories for Submissions
Submissions are open to the following categories
- Advertising Film (Under 30 Minutes)
- Animation (Under 30 Minutes)
- Artists' Film (Under 30 Minutes)
- Comedy (Under 30 Minutes)
- Dance (Under 30 Minutes)
- Documentary (Under 30 Minutes)
- Drama (Under 30 Minutes)
- Experimental (Under 30 Minutes)
- Fashion Film (Under 30 Minutes)
- Music Video (Under 30 Minutes)
- Thriller (Under 30 Minutes)
- VR & Immersive Experiences (Under 30 Minutes - Must be suitable for Oculus Rift)
- 360 Video (Under 30 Minutes - Must be Suitable for Oculus Go Headsets)
- Narrative Feature Film (60 - 120 Minutes)
- Documentary Feature Film (60 - 120 Minutes)
- Entries open December 2018
- The deadline for submissions is 31 May 2019
- The Official Selection will be announced in September 2019
- ASFF 2019 takes place in the City of York, UK from 6 - 10 November 2019
- Winners will be announced at the ASFF Awards Ceremony on 10 November 2019
- Festival screenings at ASFF 2019
- Awards for Festival Winner (£1,000), People's Choice, York Youth Award and Best Film in each category
- Festival screenings in various guest programmes at other film festivals and events
- Editorial in Aesthetica Magazine and on Aesthetica's online channels
- Short films should have a maximum running time of 30 minutes.
- Feature films are considered to have a runtime of 60 minutes or over.
- There is no premiere requirement for ASFF. We will consider films that have screened at other festivals both nationally and internationally.
- There is no required completion date for screening at ASFF, however entries completed in the past 3 years are preferred.
- Only submissions through our online entry platforms will be considered.
- Your entry form must include your name, address, telephone number and email so that we can contact you.
- Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound used in your film.
- The link to your video included in your submission form must not expire.
- All films must be English language, dubbed into English or subtitled in English.
- ASFF is unable to grant waiver requests.
- View our FAQ page for more information.
Please carefully read the technical specifications for submissions to ASFF