Submit Your Film
Aesthetica is looking for filmmakers who are driving the genre of short film forward through inspirational and innovative works. Whether you are fresh out of film school or have been making films for years, we want to hear from you.
We are accepting films in all genres: drama, documentary, music video, comedy, thriller, experimental and artists' film.
Supporting & Championing Short Film
Enter this year for your chance to be screened at the Aesthetica Short Film Festival 2013. The finalists will be screened across the City of York as part of ASFF in November. There will be additional prizes for the winner and runner-up, and a shortlist of finalists will be included on the ASFF Sampler DVD, which will be distributed with the December 2013 issue of Aesthetica Magazine.
This award offers the winner and runners-up a fantastic prize package, which will bring your films to a wider audience.
- The deadline for entries is 31 May 2013.
- All films selected for screening at ASFF will be notified by 31 July 2013.
- Winners will be announced at the closing ceremony at ASFF on 10 November 2013.
- ASFF Sampler DVD of a shortlist of finalists will be released with the December issue of Aesthetica Magazine.
- Screenings at ASFF.
- £500 prize money for Festival Winner Award.
- £250 prize money for Festival Winner Award courtesy of Guild of Television Cameramen.
- £250 prize money for Peoples' Choice Award.
- Festival screenings in various guest programmes at other UK film festivals.
- Opportunity to be included on the ASFF 2013 Sampler.
- Editorial in Aesthetica Magazine and on the Aesthetica Blog for a selectiion of finalists.
How to Enter
The entry fee to submit to ASFF 2013 is £15 + VAT.
To submit, please click on the Add to Basket button below to pay the entry fee.
Upon receipt of payment, a unique Order Reference number will be automatically emailed to you.
Download an entry form by clicking the link below. Write your Order Reference number on the form, along with the information required, and simply post it with your DVD to us.
To submit to ASFF 2013, you would be required to send the following:
- Your film on a playable DVD, and
- Your completed Entry Form.
Please download the Entry Form above for details.
- Running times up to 30mins.
- English language, dubbed in to English or with English subtitles.
- Please include: Director's name, country of production, running time.
- Plus full contact details including postal address, telephone number and email address.
- Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound contained in your entry.
If you have any enquiries, we have compiled a list of questions and answers that you may find helpful. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
For information regarding our refund policies
Refund and Delivery Policies.